Qatar Airlines Name Correction/Change Policy – Do you need to modify the name details on the Qatar Airlines ticket? Here is the help for you! Visitors can move as per the Qatar Airlines name change policy to prevent unwanted hassles. This blog explores the policy details entirely to ease commuters.
Customer Support Number: 1-855-855-2481
Knowing Qatar Airlines
- Qatar Airways is a prominent air transporter operating in Qatar.
- The flag carrier of Qatar is a professional aviation company with a prime business office based in the Qatar Airways Tower, Doha.
- Further, the airline was conceived in 1993 and started operations in 1994.
- Likewise, it is also a member of the Oneworld Alliance since 2013.
- Substantially, Qatar Airlines comprises a larger fleet of over 230 (Boeing and Airbus) aircraft.
- In terms of routes, Qatar Airways links more than 150 international destinations throughout Europe, Asia, the Americas, Oceania, and Africa.
Qatar Airlines Name Change/Correction Policy – Promising the Maximum Flexibility!
It is always the chief goal of Qatar Airways to serve global passengers with superior and industry-leading travel solutions. As a part of this very purpose, the airline also constructs a flexible name change policy for people. Aviation rules require your name and other details on the ticket to match that on your passport/government-issued ID. Therefore, the change name policy of Qatar Airways reflects customer-centric terms & conditions to facilitate them across all corners.
To capture in-depth insights, let’s have a quick tour of various key highlights of the Qatar name change policy:
- Qatar passengers have the right to make essential name corrections up to 3 characters in the whole name combined.
- Strictly, Qatar Airways doesn’t allow travelers to change the full name on the confirmed booking.
- If the same situation occurs, you have to cancel the reservation and rebook it with the correct name details.
- Similarly, name swapping isn’t possible with Qatar Airlines.
- No customer can raise the name correction request for bookings falling under the FFP Privilege Club.
- Further, commuters possess the liberty to explore either online or offline methods to perform required name corrections.
- The name is subject to change after marriage/divorce. In that scenario, you can raise the name change request by presenting the legal document (marriage/divorce) to the airline officials.
- Likewise, you can’t change the name on the Award ticket.
- Well, there may be specific charges for making name corrections/changes in the name on the Qatar Airlines PNR.
If you would like to acquire more details, connect with the industry experts at 1-855-855-2481 (toll-free).
How to Modify the Name on the Qatar Airways Booking?
Air travelers always look for simple and straightforward procedures when it comes to modifying the ticket for any reason. Qatar Airways understands and proposes flexible options for passengers. Details are as follow:
Qatar Airways Name Change Online
- Visit the official website – qatarairways.com.
- Now, tap on the ‘Manage Booking’ tab available on the homepage.
- Provide your last name as well as the booking reference number before you hit the ‘Continue’ button.
- On the next page, you will see a list of retrieved bookings.
- Select the appropriate booking you want to alter.
- Here, you can use the relevant options to make name corrections and modifications.
- Make sure to pay the name correction fee if eligible.
- In the end, Qatar Airways will drop confirmation mail on your registered mail ID regarding name amendments.
Qatar Airways Name Change at the Airport Ticket Counter
If you have no issue visiting the nearest airport, it is a great way to modify the flight details. You can carry all the relevant documents to raise the concern with the airline representatives.
Qatar Airways Name Change via Phone Call
On the other hand, if you're a bit lethargic, prefer using this option since it is convenient to apply. Make a call to speak directly with professionals at a toll-free number.
Customer Helpdesk Number 1-855-855-2481
Making Name Corrections with Qatar Airlines –Different Scenarios
Before a Ticket is issued
- Corrections in the first and middle name are allowed(up to 3 characters combined).
- It includes the name title and space character also.
- Consider approaching the customer service center to amend the name for more than 3 characters (or change the last name).
- A legal document is required to change the first name, middle name, or surname as per rules.
- Also, you can add, delete or change DOB, PTC, or infant in addition to the count of 3 characters.
After a Ticket is issued
- Qatar Airlines requires passengers to get in touch with QR offices to raise the concern for name correction and deletion/addition/modification of infants on tickets booked on QR operating flights.
- Significantly, a legal document is mandatory if you change your name (title/first/middle/last) legally.
Qatar Airways Name Correction Service Cost
As we discussed above, the flag carrier of Qatar may also ask for a specific service fee for name modifications. In the event, you strive to make name corrections within 24 hours after the booking, you’ll have to payUS$150. However, the service fee is US$250 in case you miss the cheaper timeframe. To collect the latest fee details, prefer visiting the official website or talking with experts at 1-855-855-2481 (toll-free).
Qatar Airways Name Change/Correction Policy – FAQs
Ques 1) Is it possible to make name modifications on the Qatar Airways ticket?
Ans 1) Yes, travelers can amend the ticket for first/middle/last name up to 3 characters combined.
Ques 2) What is the way to perform ticket name corrections with Qatar Airways?
Ans 2) It can be done legally via either online (official website) or offline channels.
Ques 3) What if my name is changed after marriage?
Ans 3) In that scene, you can raise the name change request by submitting the marriage certificate with the airline